Your cart is empty.
A zingy punch of freshly squeezed lime juice adds freshness to this unique Kale, Lime and Almond Salad. This lively combination is sure to please when you’re looking to serve up your daily greens with a piquant flair.
A zingy punch of freshly squeezed lime juice adds freshness to this unique salad. This lively combination is sure to please when you’re looking to serve up your daily greens with a piquant flair.
3 Tablespoons Freshly Squeezed Lime Juice (See Note)
2 Tablespoons Maple Syrup
1 To 2 Tablespoons Extra-Virgin Olive Oil, To Taste (Optional)
1/8 Teaspoon Sea Salt, Plus More As Needed
Several Grinds Of Fresh Black Pepper
5 Cups Packed, Thinly Sliced Curly Kale, Thick Stems Removed
1/3 Cup Roasted Or Raw Almonds
¼ Cup Raisins
- Put the lime juice, maple syrup, optional olive oil, salt, and pepper in a small bowl and whisk briskly to combine.
- Put the kale, almonds, and raisins in a large bowl. Pour the dressing over the kale and mix together using tongs or a large fork, until well coated.
- If desired, to soften the kale leaves, use clean hands to “massage” the dressing into the kale for about 30 seconds. Taste and add more salt if desired. Let stand 5 minutes and serve (see note).
- *Chef’s note: If preferred, you may use freshly squeezed lemon juice in place of the lime juice.
- *Chef’s note: This salad can be made ahead of time and refrigerated for up to 4 hours before serving.
Recipe from Laura Theodore’s Vegan-Ease by Laura Theodore. Distributed by Cardinal Publishers Group, ©2015. Tune into Season Nine of Jazzy Vegetarian on PBS, for more of Chef Laura’s plant-based recipes featuring Worthy Flavors!