Your cart is empty.
I love the combination of colorful veggies slathered in a sweet homemade teriyaki sauce. The presentation of these enticing kebabs is supremely delightful, sure to please both omnivores and vegans alike.
I love the combination of colorful veggies slathered in a sweet homemade teriyaki sauce. The presentation of these enticing Tofu-Teriyaki Kebabs is supremely delightful, sure to please both omnivores and vegans alike.
12 To 16 Bamboo Skewers
3 Medium Sweet Red, Yellow, Or Orange Peppers, Seeded And Cut In Chunks
10 Ounces Cremini Mushrooms, Sliced In Half (If Large)
1 Large Zucchini, Sliced
2 Medium Sweet Onions, Cut In Chunks
1 3/4 Cups Grape Or Cherry Tomatoes
2 Packages (7 To 8 Ounces), Each Baked Teriyaki-Flavored Tofu, Cut In Cubes
3 Tablespoons, Plus 1 Teaspoon Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
Freshly Ground Black Pepper, To Taste
Teriyaki Sauce (See Note)
3 Tablespoons Firmly Packed Dark Brown Sugar
3 Tablespoons Tamari
2 Tablespoons Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- Put the bamboo skewers in a shallow pan and top with about 1-inch of water. Allow the skewers to soak for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a very large, rimmed baking sheet with unbleached parchment paper.
- Put the peppers, mushrooms, zucchini, onions, and tomatoes in a large bowl. Drizzle 3 tablespoons of the olive oil over the veggies, and top with several grinds of freshly ground pepper. Toss gently until all of the veggies are evenly coated with oil.
- Put the tofu in a small bowl. Top with 1 teaspoon olive oil. Toss gently to coat.
- Evenly divide and thread the veggies and tofu onto the skewers. Put the kebabs on the lined baking sheet. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the teriyaki sauce. Put the brown sugar, tamari, 2 tablespoons olive oil, and garlic powder in a small bowl, and briskly whisk to combine.
- Remove the kebabs from the oven, and drizzle some of the sauce over each kebab, spreading it evenly over the top of the veggies and tofu (see note). Return the kebabs to the oven and bake an additional 15 to 20 minutes, or until the veggies are soft and edges of tofu are slightly browned and golden.
- To serve, put 2 skewers on each plate, served with rice or quinoa on the side.
- *Chef’s Note: I like a lot of sauce on my kebabs! If you prefer extra sauce too, simply double the sauce recipe. Proceed as directed.